Hilco Corporate Finance (HCF) is the FINRA-registered investment banking affiliate of Hilco Global – the global leader in asset valuation and maximization. HCF provides M&A, debt capital markets, special situations/restructuring, and related financial advisory services. Although we have expertise across a broad range of industries, we have a particular focus on the diversified industrials, consumer and retail, and business services sectors.
Headquartered in metropolitan Chicago, Hilco Global is the leading international financial services company focused on Valuation, Monetization, and Advisory services. Across its 20 business units, including HCF, Hilco Global has completed billions of dollars of transactions for its diverse client base.
Associates are an integral part of the team and will be involved at every stage of client matters – from early business development activities through closing of engaged transactions. Candidates for this position should be dynamic, highly motivated individuals with a strong work-ethic and should demonstrate a commitment to excellence in all tasks and to the growth of the firm as a leader in the middle market. This is a full-time opportunity based in our Northbrook, IL office.
- Prepare transaction-related documentation and marketing materials including confidential information memoranda, pitch books, teasers, and management presentations
- Prepare and manage virtual data rooms and the coordinate client and third-party due diligence
- Perform in-depth company and industry research supporting specific client engagements and marketing opportunities
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
- Minimum 2+ years of transactions-related experience in a corporate finance environment from a Wall Street or middle-market investment bank, private equity, or corporate development department with a track record of academic and professional success
- MBA from a top-tier college or university preferred; Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting (or related prior work experience) required.
- Outstanding academic record
- Significant client interaction and experience
- Strong financial modeling, research, and financial analysis skills
- Proficiency with financial research tools and MS Office
- FINRA Series 7, 63 and 79 licensed will be required
- Ability to travel as needed
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Although HCF will give strong preference to candidates with the foregoing Associate qualifications, we will consider highly-qualified Analyst candidates with fewer than 2+ years of transaction-related work experience.
Personal Qualities and other Skills Desired:
- Ambitious team player with entrepreneurial mindset and commitment to excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An appetite to work in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to think creatively
- Committed strong work ethic with desire to “roll up your sleeves” to complete any task
- Passionate about our firm’s commitment, mission, core values, and driven to build a high impact organization
Hilco Global is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.