Hilco Corporate Finance is a boutique investment bank specializing in middle-market Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Raise, and Investment Banking Special Situations/ Restructuring Services. A subsidiary of globally recognized financial services company Hilco Global, the Corporate Finance organization was founded in 2016 with the establishment of a FINRA licensed broker-dealer. Since inception, Hilco Corporate Finance focuses on transactions between $50 to $250 million for small and middle-market companies and their stakeholders, as well as larger companies who have long-standing relationships with Hilco Global and looking for a unique set of solutions catered to the Corporate Finance organization, such as to acquire, merge, or divest divisions.
With the appointment of new leadership in June of 2021, Hilco Corporate Finance is now investing in the next chapter of its growth story: the expansion of their Special Situations practice that will leverage Hilco Global’s existing relationships and expertise to provide unique, best-in-class solutions to clients along the distress curve.
- Lead HCF’s private financing/capital markets practice, reporting to the CEO of investment banking
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow Hilco’s private financing/capital markets business, including both advisory and capital deployment activities
- Collaborate with HCF’s affiliates to leverage the entire Hilco platform in driving the growth of private financing/capital markets activities
- Manage relationships with private credit providers, institutional investors, and referral sources
- Oversee and manage the private financing/capital markets team’s day to day functions in originating and executing advisory and capital deployment activities
- Review investment memorandums and deal opportunities as a member of Hilco’s capital solutions screening committees
- Collaborate with Hilco marketing professionals to generate unique content with respect to new market insights, blog posts, case studies and podcasts
- Recruit, manage, train, and develop junior resources of the private financing/capital markets team
- 15+ years of relevant work experience with leading firms in structured credit, debt capital markets, investment banking, and/or specialty lending
- Demonstrable expertise working within private credit markets, structured finance, and unrated/rated asset-backed securities
- Track record of generating significant private financing/capital markets advisory fee revenue, with an existing set of long-term client and referral relationships
- Current Series 63, 7 and 79, and SIE license(s); and/or willing to retake them shortly after joining if they have lapsed
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Outstanding academic record, including undergraduate degree and MBA from a top-tier university.
The opportunity for success in this role is defined by your entrepreneurial drive and ability to see value realized in a shortened timeframe. If you can work at speed, deliver creative solutions to increasingly complex problems while building up a team, then you will have an unlimited trajectory of success with Hilco Corporate Finance.